Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 10:19 PM   #854
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Oh Marlsy, teen years are so tough &nbsp;I started to get my "mouth" at age 13, my mother says I have never been the same &nbsp;Does she have many friends, is she eating ok, does she sleep a lot? &nbsp;There are times to go on meds and then there are times it is not nessesary. &nbsp;We live in a society where everyone thinks popping a pill will help it all. &nbsp;The most important thing is to keep the line of communication between the two of you open. I never could talk to my mom about certain things growing up, she was so strict and religious her answer was always "your going to hell if you continue this" &nbsp;It was hard as a teen to hear that, then I rebelled BIGTIME! &nbsp;So listen to her, keep on showing her you care, maybe take her out to a movie or something fun just the two of you. &nbsp;Are there any boys involved yet? &nbsp;Please know we are all thinking of you and know you will do what is best, you are such a good mommy! </b>

I know what you mean, Jen. I couldn't talk to either of my parents growing up so I kept everything bottled up for awhile until I was able to find some supportive people to help me and to share stuff with. My parents just didn't handle any personal problems or "negative" feelings that I had very well. Although I knew they loved me, they couldn't show me. It's always been hard for them to do that.

I think if you continue to be there for her, marlsy, she'll open up some more. She's very lucky to have a loving, concerned Mom like you.

Relearn Love