View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #78
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I can only make a decision based on what I've heard of the Mayfield Four....I've visited that site several times and listed to every clip they have. Sorry but if I have to choose Kennedy or Stapp....it would be Stapp. I listen to a voice and I either like it or I don't. The amount of training or range really doesn't mean diddley to me.....I either like it or I don't. Don't know if that is acceptable as an explanation. That doesn't mean it can't be good music.....just that I don't like the voice singing it. I always liked Guns N Roses....the problem was that Axl Rose was doing the singing. The dude's voice grated on my last nerve.

And the whole Pearl Jam discussion.....I passed on the entire Grunge thing. I don't own anything by Pearl Jam...and I hear way too much of it still on the radio. Not saying its bad music.....just I don't like it that much. So if Stapp was such a rip off of Vedder....how come I like Stapp's voice so much?

As a matter of fact I watched the movie Big Fish this weekend...and yeah Man of the Hour plays over the credits of the movie.....and believe me....even though I didn't know it was Vedder at the time....I certainly wouldn't have thought it was Stapp.

Myles Kennedy sings better than Stapp. Axl sucks at singing. He just sings like a damn woman!

Pearl Jam kicked ass, it's your loss.

Like I already said, Stapp uses the same singing style as Vedder. It doesn't neccesarily mean he sounds exactly like Vedder. Please read the previous posts before you type anything, all right?

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 05-02-2004 at 11:20 PM.