View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I live in Mays Landing, NJ. Very very quiet little town, but very much like the old home towns you read about. We have fireworks by the lake in the summer, we have a Halloween parade and a Christmas parade down Main Street every year with firemen throwing candy off the trucks. We have a town square where we do a Christmas tree lighting every year. We have a lake that is a hot spot for locals to go swimming and gather for gossip. We, too, are located off a busy route to the shore, Rt. 40. It is a back road to get from Atlantic City to the Delaware Memorial Bridge so every summer it's bumper to bumper with the shoobies headed to the beach.

The development I live in is a very tight-knit group of families, and in the summer we all hang out together and barbecue, kids play in the pools or in each others' backyards. The kids are all around the same age, so we all usually carpool to sporting events, like soccer games every Saturday in the fall, baseball a few nights a week in the spring. We do the beach together as groups, have parties at each others' houses. It really is very nice here. This past Christmas, we all did polyannas for the kids and on the 23rd of December, we had a party at one of the houses and had Santa come on the firetruck for all the kids. We had wrapped little gifts and left them in a bag for Santa to bring in and give to each kid. It was a great time. I really enjoy living here in this area.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.