View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Don't you wish you lived in/near Seattle???

Former Alice In Chains Members Reunite For Benefit Show

The surviving members of Alice In Chains will perform together for the first time since 1996 at a KRQI "K-Rock"/Seattle tsunami benefit concert. The "K-Rock Tsunami Continued Care Relief Concert" will be held on February 18 at the Premiere Nightclub in Seattle. Guitarist/singer Jerry Cantrell, drummer Sean Kinney, and bassist Mike Inez will make their first public appearance together since the death of singer Layne Staley in April 2002.

Last year, Cantrell told LAUNCH.com that he would perform again with Kinney and Inez at some point. "I'm sure at some point not too far in the future, we'll end up doing something like that, and, you know, just take it a step at a time," Cantrell said. "You know, we're still all healing up from the loss of Layne [Staley] and the final chapter of the band, so to speak, and so we're just taking things slow. But I would say that most definitely a hundred percent chance of us playing in the future is imminent."

The ex-AIC members are not the only Grunge greats on the bill for the concert, as former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic will also be performing that night. Also performing are Ann Wilson of Heart, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Chris DeGarmo of Queensryche and members of World Music group Children Of A Revolution. Proceeds will go to the international humanitarian organization CARE.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"