View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #31
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) As far as I've always heard, God is besides omniscient also omnipotent, which means he can do anything, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't get it, God did create us in his image, didn't he. So if he cannot do anything against his nature, why can we do things against his/our nature. Or did he create us with a different nature? Why did he create us as sinners than? Isn't it against his nature to create something that can act against his nature?
It's the question of the chicken and the egg. You say that nothing can come from nothing, but in the same sentence you state that God was the origin and therefore always was and therefore does not need a cause. This is circular logic, if every effect needs a cause, so does God, unless he was created by God's God.
The problem with believing in God is, that God must be the answer to everything, but he isn't. While a non-believer can simply say, I do not know.
The Bible says that God does not destroy. Evil things are not of God. They are of the dark side.lol
So, if its all cause and effect, then what caused the big bang or whatever else it is you believe? What caused existence altogether? God doesn't have to be the answer to everything. 2+2 does not equal God. We all know its 5.