View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) Well you haven't destroyed his case because the U.S GDP is 20 times and yet they've given less. again this is not a competition and the u.s is obviously funding two wars at the moment but for the sake of a fair discussion. i think the u.s has given as much as can be expected. its some of the countries that i listed in the first post that i think can give more.
i hear ya.
in my intergovernmental relations class today we were discussing almost these very points. and the point about the US being involved in a couple of wars was brought up. we are providing assistance in other methods. we have no obligation to be helping (unless you consider an ethical/moral pov); and yet we've provided $350 million, not to mention assistance through air support and military personnel coming ashore to assist with distribution. so that's a little more than $350 in net worth. and just a thought/question: how much aid did Floridians receive from other nations late this summer and early fall?