View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
MatthewCullen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Any setlist predictions for upcoming tour?

There's a thread very similar to this on the ABB.net forums. So, here's what I said I'd love to see:

Quote: (Originally Posted by AbareKiller) Okay, so I saw them on the Weathered tour 7 years ago and it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Therefore, I'm going to list a 20-22 song set list that starts out almost exactly like the way they started on the Weathered Tour - minus Signs. It's a good song, but not one of their best. Don't really care to hear it at the concert.

1. Bullets
2. Freedom Fighter
3. What If
4. Say I
5. Faceless Man
6. Wash Away Those Years
7. Pity For A Dime
8. Are You Ready?
9. Unforgiven
10. My Own Prison
11. Wrong Way
12. Torn
13. Ode
14. Who's Got My Back?
15. One Last Breath
16. Don't Stop Dancing
17. What's This Life For
18. Is This The End

----

19. Lullaby
20. My Sacrifice
21. With Arms Wide Open (WITH STRINGS - SOMEHOW!!!!!! Evanescence did it. Creed can too.)
22. Higher

I only put Higher on there because I know there's no way getting around it being in the show. It's still a great song, but it's overplayed. I've just heard it too much. But, it was their biggest hit, probably, so it will most likely close the show.

I would also love to see the other cut tracks like Young Grow Old, Bound and Tied, I'm Eighteen and To Whom It May Concern, but those were what I would put into a 22 song set list. I know they've probably never done Lullaby live, but it's one of my favorite songs of theirs. I think that'd be a great way to come back for the Encore - with just Scott and Mark. Then, bring the rest of the guys out.

*EDIT OUT PART ABOUT GOING TO CHARLOTTE SHOW*

I really hope that they don't play too much off the new album. Perhaps two or three songs. I just really want to hear the old stuff more. I just realized today that I've been into Creed for 10 years now. They were my favorite band for about 4 years...then Evanescence took over for a year, then it was back to Creed...until Alter Bridge came around. I haven't been able to make it to an AB show yet...but I will definitely try my best after this Reunion stuff is over with.

I hope this is just a "one and done" thing. I don't want to see Creed reunite forever. Alter Bridge is too good! I'm sure the guys (Mark, Brian and Flip), realize that.

Here's hoping they FINALLY get to do a Creed Live DVD during this tour! All Creed fans have been waiting for that for at least 9 years. It's about time one is made. I know we got a few live videos on the "Greatest Hits" CD/DVD combo, but I'm talking about a full set list. What better show to film than a reunion/farewell tour?

That being said, I'll add that of the two or three new songs, I'd want to see the new single, of course, and then one or two songs that illustrate how different this album is supposed to be from the others.