View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 AM   #11
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: I`ve heard some comments about the movie, that it doesn`t demonstrate WHO was the person dying there but only takes the NAME of who was dying and exposes his suffering.

i would suggest not to listen to everything you hear about this movie...there is a definite intimate story line....and it does give one an idea of WHO Jesus was through the use of flashbacks....there are not many, because i believe that Mr. Gibson was concentrating on the story he was presenting....not the events leading up to that point.

I felt the imagery was awesome...for instance the last scene...when Christ says, "Into your hands Father, I commend my spirit"....all the while a major storm had been brewing...there is an aerial shot, looking down from above...and at that moment....a raindrop fell from the sky...when it hit the ground...it caused an earthquake...and the Temple was destroyed...

It's true that the violent scenes stood out...but there was so much more going on...and if one watched this movie with the expectations of violence, as many had heard and read about, the beauty of what Mr. Gibson was showing as a whole could easily be lost...it is a well woven story of the strength of faith.

The human race, by nature is violent...just as portrayed...today's society would like to believe that they are more civilized, that they wouldn't repeat what they saw in this movie, or what they have read in the Bible..when in reality, human nature, in general still contains the same tendencies that were portrayed at the time of Christ...and like with a lot of things, history would tend to repeat it's self...

Does it not happen daily on a smaller scale?...if you think about it...dear reader, i'm sure you will know what i mean.

the whole idea, as i saw it, was to show this violence as raw and painful as possible in order to give a better understanding of what Jesus endured for the human race as a whole...and still God forgives our sins. Possibly what bothers people about the violence is the fact that it brings home the realization that we need to learn compassion, forgiveness and most of all love.

Because isn't that what it's all about....doing the best we can to live our lives by following Jesus' example...keeping the faith...and learning to love in an unconditional way our brothers and sisters...as we are all Gods Children.