View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs

I'm going to pick up here at 1st Corinthians Chapter 15. 1st Corinthians Chapter 15 is a fantastic chapter because Paul again spends a lot of time talking about the dead, and he talks about how if Christ did not resurrect from the dead, then really our faith is in vain. Naturally that is not the case, and he makes it clear in 1st Corinthians 15:20 and builds on it really clear to verse 28 that Christ did resurrect and through Him all are made alive, and as he mentions in verse 26, the last enemy that Christ puts under His feet and destroys is death, as naturally there will be a time after the Great White Throne Judgment, or Judgment Day, when there will be no more death.

But then in verse 35 Paul says some man (or better translated simply some one) will say, "How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?" Paul then gives a good lesson on the fact that we have a weak, corruptible flesh body, but upon death that body is done away with and an incorruptible spiritual body comes forth.

In verse 50 Paul says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Why would that be? Well, the kingdom of God is eternal, and the flesh is not. So one must shed or put off that flesh body and step into their spiritual body, which is eternal if, but only if, you are an overcomer, or saved if you will. Actually, the body or material itself is eternal by nature or by design, but if one chooses not to follow and love God, then ultimately they stand the risk of having both body and soul destroyed in hell. But good or bad, one must leave the flesh body behind and take on their spiritual body... either upon death, or upon the return of Jesus Christ.

As it was written in verse 54, this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality.

But where I want to draw everyone's attention in particular is verse 52 of this chapter. Actually, I'll start with 51.

1 Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.

Not everyone who is born and passes through this age is actually going to die. Naturally, there will be many people alive and still in the flesh when Christ returns. But what happens at Christ's return? That's in the next verse.

1 Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
When does this happen? It happens at the LAST TRUMP! Which trump is that? The 7th, of course. When does it happen? After Antichrist has already been here. You see, it may sound simplistic, but as a great beloved teacher of mine has stated, if you ever wonder whether Christ is really here or if it's Antichrist, pinch yourself. If it still hurts then you know you're still in the flesh and you know the one claiming to be Christ who's present at that time is a fake. My friends, when Antichrist is here you're still in the flesh, but upon the return of the true Christ, in the blink of an eye, you're changed, we're all changed into that incorruptible spiritual body.

Now, let me ask you something. Does that verse sound similar at all to verses 16 and 17 of 1st Thessalonians 4? I would say it's a direct overlay of that chapter. In both chapters Paul speaks about the dead and the comfort that is naturally present when you know first of all that Christ rose from the dead, and that naturally those who passed away who believed in Christ will be raised and be there with Him, and are there with Him. But again, go back to 1st Thessalonians 4:16, where he again even gives you the huge glaring hint with the words trump of God. Going back to the 7 trumps, what trump does the Lord Himself arrive at? He arrives at the 7th, or last trump. What trump does Paul say this change occurs in 1st Corinthians 15:52? He says specifically it happens at the last trump

All of this occurs after 6 trumps have already been blown, and after the Antichrist has already been here! It's really just wishful thinking and listening to man and man's traditions to think that there's some secret rapture that occurs before Antichrist arrives. What did Jesus say to the scribes and Pharisees about man's traditions?

As He said in Mark 7:13- Making the word of God of none effect (in other words, VOID)through your TRADITION, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You know, going back to Matthew 24:23-26, why do you think Jesus Himself would say, "If they tell you I'm in the desert, or the secret chambers, or wherever they happen to say, in other words, to quote Matthew 24:23 if they say, Lo , here is Christ, or "there", believe it not. Why do you think He would give you that warning, if you as a christian are going to be gone? Did He ever once say, "Don't worry about these false Christs and false prophets who show up, because I'll rapture you away before they show up?" No, He again says if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. It's not possible, but one thing that should be clear is that the elect, in other words, Christians, will be there, will be here.

There's a couple of verses that came to mind that again people kind of point to as the rapture or disappearance of the church which hopefully I can kind of debunk that thought, and then I think I'll finally be done. I appreciate anyone who's bared with me through all this.

Jason