Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #56
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Okay, I wanted to try to quickly get a few more verses in here while I could. The first verse actually kind of finishes a thought or subject that was left hanging a little. God has said what would happen to these false prophets who claim that what God has said will happen is not going to be. Now what about the people they're prophesying to?

Jeremiah 14:16 "And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them."

Again this sounds harsh, but again we must remember a couple of things here. Number one this is again at least in our time for the most part spiritual. But we must remember too that they are not innocent either. For one thing, as it stipulates in Deuteronomy 18:21-22, the people were to test the prophets and use the criteria in those two verses to do so. They did not do that. Unfortunately, most today do not do so either. How many people maybe go to church every Sunday without missing and sit right in that front pew, but never really learn anything, and more to the point never really check out in the Word themselves what that man (or woman) behind the pulpit is saying? They can repeat the things from sermons almost verbatim but when it comes to cracking open their bible outside of church they're just a little too busy to do so.

Jeremiah 14:17 "Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow."

Did you know or were you aware that Christ upon His return is expecting a virgin bride spiritually? This is one reason why or actually the reason why in Matthew 24:19 Jesus would say woe to those who are with child and give suck during those days. It wasn't talking about a natural birth or a human baby. It's talking about the fact that spiritually speaking they're not virgins anymore but they went so far spiritually with Satan as the false Christ that they become impregnated spiritually speaking. That will be a woe alright! But it is sad. These people are basically good Christian people who really do love Christ. But when they go to church, they're never taught that the false Christ comes first, and if they are taught that, most of them are taught that it doesn't matter because somehow, even though the false Christ shows up before the true, you're going to magically disappear and teleport out of here and fly away. It's not biblical friends. That's why it is so very important to study for yourself and show yourself approved. Don't take what any pastor says at face value, don't take what I type here at face value. Study for yourself, rightly divide the Word, and test anyone who claims to teach it or have a message from God.

Jeremiah 14:18 "If I go forth into the field, then behold the slain with the sword! and if I enter into the city, then behold them that are sick with famine! yea, both the prophet and the priest go about into a land that they know not.

The deception is unfortunately rampant, friends. And you take a look just overall at the world today and tell me how we're doing. We've got people stoned out of their minds on drugs hallucinating and becoming cannibals. We've got kids killing kids, kids killing adults. We've got violent government upheavals in the Middle East. We've got out of control government at home. More sexual immorality and still terrorists out there. I'm not saying that to scare you, I'm not saying that to point out that the world is in need of God. It's in need of Christ. The prophet and the priest should be feeding those sick with spiritual famine and they're not. There's some good ones out there, don't get me wrong. But there's a lot of bad ones who are just as spiritually sick and starving as the people they're supposed to be feeding.

Jeremiah 14:19 "Hast thou utterly rejected Judah? hath thy soul lothed Zion? why hast thou smitten us, and there is no healing for us? we looked for peace, and there is no good; and for the time of healing, and behold trouble!"

Well, there's one place to look for peace and that of course is through Christ and Christ only. No falsehoods, no watered down doctrine. Anything else and yeah, you'll have trouble.

When we finish up this chapter, which I know is taking a while, we'll see Jeremiah's plea, prayer, and confession. Ultimately it acknowledges one key thing and that's that God is the one who can help in times of trouble.