View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark Tremonti Comments

found a few comments made by Mark in an old Guitar World Lesson article...

Quote: Tremonti: This is probably the most basic song of ours

WTLF

Quote: but it's the biggest pain in the ass to play live. It's the last song we play before our encore, and before I start the song, I do a little two-minute, unaccompanied "classical" piece

two minute piece sounds like a "solo" to me

Quote: similar to what's played on the original version of My Own Prison. Then, I start the song, and I hate picking all of the individual fucking strings! All of the attention is on me, and if I miss one note, it's all downhill!

well, all the attention is on him, even more now

Quote: The million-mile-an-hour stuff is actually easier to play, and the cleanly articulated, simple-sounding stuff is the hardest stuff to get perfect every time.

So, does this mean that there will be more Million Mile an hour stuff than cleanly articulated simple sounding stuff on AB's album?

Quote: That's the only time of the night where I'm thinking, Fuck--I've got to concentrate!

guess he may be thinking a lot about concentrating again...real soon

Quote: For the chorus section, I switch on my "dirties" [distortion]. This section is basically made up of the same chords as the verse, but they are strummed.

Quote: Tremonti: Creed originally had another guitar player, but he was kind of an Eddie Van Halen-type of guitarist: he could solo all day long, but he wasn't big on rhythm.

Since Myles plays guitar, will he play rhythm, or just remain the new front man?

Quote: He would also come onstage barefoot, and was kind of a "happy hippie." whereas the rest of us are unhappy hippie-haters! (LOL) Now that I'm the only guitar player, I have a lot more respect for one-guitar bands. You can't just go out and wail all night; you've got to fill in the space.

Depending on if Myles plays, will it be up to him to fill in the spaces

Quote: I'd love to have a side project where I can just solo like crazy over everything.

seems like he got his wish, altho it went further than "just a side project"

it seemed somewhat "prophetic" how Mark was feeling about his position playing music even during the H.C. tour...in a way, it's interesting how several of these comments eerily fit what has come about...of course...just an observation...and how it appears to me.

as a whole it was an OK article, but these were the parts that struck me.
below is the link to the article:

http://creeduniverse.tripod.com/guitarworld.html

~Ann~

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 06-28-2004 at 05:41 AM. Reason: For the sake of argument...