Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #59
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Oh yes. Now its my turn for a long post. Sincirr, any help or pointing out something i missed would be very appreciated. I want to be as accurate and correct as possible. I dont want to misinform anyone.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Lucifer was not thrown out of heaven for wanting to be like God. He wanted to force people to do the right thing. That was the opposite of what God wanted. It is not a sin to try to be like God. However, it is a sin to want to be God. There's a difference. Acting in his ways (kindness, charity, love, etc.) is not a sin.

You cannot possibly believe that. Satan was not thrown out of heaven because he wanted to force people to do the right thing. Satan is evil, he wants you to do wrong, not good. He used to be an angel, but he blew it when he wanted to be like God. So God cast him out of heaven to rule hell. And no, Satan is not in hell right now. He is running around the earth getting unbelievers to do more sin and try to make believers lives miserable. But one day, after the final battle, God will win over Satan once and for all and Satan, his demons, and unbelievers will be locked in hell forever. Read Revelation.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Where do you believe heaven is?

Heaven is where you go when you die if you are saved. If heaven was on some planet, you could go there on some rocket ship, so what would the purpose of life on earth be if you could travel to heaven? There is only one way to heaven, through Christ.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) "Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." It does not say that the way to happiness is killing people?

If your Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves I think that is absolutely stupid. It contradicts that verse that u used H-D.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) So what's the problem

Problem is that he translated it his way instead of the right way. Isnt that so convenient?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Parallels are everywhere in todays world tieing many religions together. Yes the Bible is the most inspirational book that is most widely accepted by the masses, and accepted by who aren't even religious, but what's wrong with more spiritual guidance?

Well, the religious guidance has to be correct first of all. And you cant tie religions together. A one world religion is what will happen after the Rapture when we born-again Christians are taken away by Jesus himself up into heaven. If you are a true 'Christian' you wont compromise with the rest of the world, because what the Bible says doesnt change over time, humans change, but God and the Bible, they stay the same.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Like I said, you know the "what" but not the "why." You can't look for doctrinal teachings in Anti-Mormon material. You can find falseness anywhere you look. You can even twist George Bush's words around and make him sound like the leader of Al Qieda.

You cant find falseness in the Bible. But it seems like many things in the books the Mormons use almost always contradicts with the Bible. The Bible isnt false, so anything that contradicts it must be.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Of course there is none as great as God and no person will ever be God. There is only one head-honcho God. We become LIKE him. We don't BECOME him.

You are right about one thing, God is great and no person will ever be God. We dont become Him, nor do we become like Him. In heaven we will reign with Him as Kings. But we will never become gods. NEVER!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Again, when you die, you can become A God. not THE God. You will have the power. We will forever be SERVANTS of God. We will be able to do all things LIKE him and may be commanded to, but can't go galivanting off and doing whatever we want whenever we want. And what I wrote about the Monotheistic/Polythestic views was from BEFORE the Bible was written. There's no use trying to prove it with the Bible.
I AM Christian. My Christ is Jesus Christ, The Savior. Ruler of the world as spoken of in the Old and New Testaments. He was born of Mary and Joseph in a manger in Bethlahem. He taught the will of his father when he was on earth. He died on the cross so man could live again.

Again we will reign with God in heaven forever when we get there. But we will NOT become gods.