Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 AM   #49
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Where to begin, where to begin...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Firstly, one of my professors here at school (not a mormon) taught me very early that in order to understand anything, you cannot only know the "what." You also have to know the "why." Anyone can say something that sounds intelligent, but you need the solid proof to back it up.
The what was the quote taken from Joseph smith that I posted where he claimed that all you guys are gods, and the why? Cos he wanted to be like God, and that is a sin, it got Lucifer thrown out of heaven.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) During that period of history, mythological healing was practiced by many.
Yeh and it was wrong, and it was evil, and God made it very clear that He didnt want His people to be messing with that stuff.

BTW the Urim and thummin had no magic powers. They knew that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I never knew Joseph liked calling himself Enoch.
It's in Doctrine and Covenants.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) We don't teach that Jesus had wives. All we know is what has been written. Nothing has been written by any church official that says he did.
All U know is what has been written? Have U read it all? Have U read the uncut stuff? The writings change, even your statues change. Ask your leaders about the offering of Cain statue, I bet they deny it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) It is believed (through revelation of Moses) that heaven IS the star of Kolob. It is where heaven is. God and Jesus live in Heaven. Where do you believe heaven is? If it is in the clouds, why have I not seen God when I've flown in an airplane? We cannot have "celestial children" as we wish. Children can ONLY be concieved on earth. There is no "making babies" in heaven.
That comment on the clouds was lame. And heaven aint the planet Kolob. Theres nothing in the Bible that says that.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I have heard of no teaching that says we have our own planets. Yes, we can become gods, but we don't rule ourselves. Addressing your next point again, women will have the same capibilities, and will not be bearing children in heaven.
Listen, I know that U are an intelligent person. Your writings show this, but you need to research the history of your faith alot more.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) How can people claim that a church founded on the principles of God and Jesus Christ and their unconditional love for us, and that we can all return to live with them someday be an appostate and worship a devil?
LOVE? What of shedding someone's blood as pardon for sin? Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves! This is the history of your faith!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I have never heard of the prophecies being edited. What do you mean "Egyptian stuff"?
The papyrus fragments that U now know as The Pearl of Great Price. It seems that Egyptologists totally disagree with his translations.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) He also says that Mormonism and Judiasm are extremly similar, and though he doesn't believe in the BoM, he has great respect for it. He has a doctrate in History and has studdied over 50 religions. Do you want me to believe now that Judiasm, one of the world's oldest religions, is an appostacy?
The similarities are in the rules taught by the authorities, that were not the Law, just extra rules and regulations added to the truth, kinda like U guys, yeh.

Your young religion's books cannot compare with the Bible, no matter what your professor says.

I dont know what I'm talking about? Thats crazy. You are smart. use your brain! I'm worried about U! Research more, seek and U shall find.

I'll leave the quotes concerning faith without works, cos they will be answered.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) The idea of Monotheism began thousands of years ago with the Hebrews around 1600 BCE, or 3600 years ago. Before that, to the Assyrians, Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and many others, were Polytheistic. Even that has changed. Which is correct?

The belief of many Gods, not just one God?
Which is correct? Lets have a look in your King James bible eh?
Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me.

Isaiah 46:5
5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

You guys think that U will be god's right? It's not biblical dude!
Want more proof:

Isaiah 43:10
10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Your doctrine contradicts the true word of God. If your god belives that anyone can be God, your god is a false god and not the God of the Bible. You are not Christian. Your Christ is not Jesus Christ, The Savior.

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 03-10-2004 at 03:34 AM.