View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Remembering September 11, 2001

Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on this day two years ago. May those who were directly affected feel a peace on this day and the healing process continue.  I am proud to be an American then and now, may God Bless America and the world always.  Thank you to those who daily protect this incredible country,  the police men to the firefighters to the soldiers you have my continous RESPECT!

Very well said, Jen. I feel the same way.

And tupelocreedfan, what a day of mixed emotions for you. I can only imagine.

I have two coworkers that lost a family member that day so my thoughts and prayers are with them today as well. I had kind of a bittersweet experience myself that morning. I was at work and called my parents to see if they heard what was happening. My dad picked up the phone and I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was extremely upset and he just broke down and started crying. I've only seen/heard him break down like that two other times in my life and soon I was in tears as well. I'm sharing this here because although it was very sad, it also brought my dad and I a little closer together. Since then, I have noticed changes in him and between us. So out of the horrific tragedy of that day, some positive things came out of it for me.

Relearn Love