View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by tupelocreedfan
I agree with you Jen. This day is so significant for me in so many ways. My son, Zack, was born at 6:28 am on 9/11/01.  
After I delivered, we got into our room in postpartum at exactly 8:30am and the TV was on and the 2nd plane hit as I was moving over from the stretcher to the bed. We couldn't believe it.
it was so unreal. It was the best and the worst day in my life. We were so blessed to have a healthy baby, and at the same time, people were losing so many fathers, husbands, wives, mothers, and children. It wasn't until later in the day that we really thought about the significance of Zack's birthday. Ten years from
now he will read about it in his history book at school. I almost want to cry now just remembering it. I'm sure I will before the day is over. Sorry to go on ,I just felt like sharing our experience on that day with the board. Zack was our light on that dark day, and he is the light of my life.

WOW.... how special. I can't imagine how that day affected you. What an angel your son is, he was a huge glimmer of hope on the darkest day in our history

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"