View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) That's some of the biggest BS I've heard all week. I've been put down, snapped at, left out, chewed up and spit out all my life for being "religious".
I was always the minority in school, being a regular churchgoer and having parents who listened to christian radio stations.
Did the article say that Christians suffered no harassment? No it said that it is more socially acceptable to poke at Atheism than religion you really need to READ the article

Quote: Right, right. "Can God make a rock so heavy he can't lift it?" Sure. You want
a square circle or some dry moisture to go with that? It's called a paradox.
and paradoxes are not scientific there is a phsyical reason for everything science seeks that. There is no scientific evidence for a god or a creator of any sort
Quote: Hmm... and what catagory does "a code of rules that emerged naturally through an evolutionary process in which humans learned how to live together successfully" file under?
You really need to read up on ethics and morals of Atheism to understand how this can be (see Richard Carrier)

Quote: Fat chance. Would that explain the violent actions of godless men, such as Hitler, Stalin, the Chinese government, the Russian government, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Husien. (Muslims and Christians/Jews do NOT worship the same God, if you read the Christian/Hebrew scriptures and the Muslim scriptures, you can tell the persona of God is quite different, even the stories are, while simailer, different)
umm dud I hate to break it to you but Hitler, Bin Laden, and Husein all believe(d) in a god so therefore they are not godless... you obviously don't know who your god is though READ THE OT and tell me that your god isn't a violent, wrathful, childish, god

Quote: I admit, yes there has also been done much evil in the name of Christ, too, but it is unfair to paint their sins on Christians who actually follow the Bible.
Oh but wait if you were to follow the bible you would be first in line to restart the Spanish inquisitors
The bible advocated killing:

Gays
Disobedient children
Women who are rapped
Women who are pregnant
Some one who doesn't attend church?
Children of non-believers

The list goes on so why don't you pick up arm and kill every one who doesn’t believe in YOU god? Otherwise you are just as bad as the sinner for allowing these things to happen over and over again.