View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 11:12 PM   #2
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My interpretation of this great song is as follows:

The first verse to me means that he's in some sort of world he can't explain, and he can't find anything to take out his frustration on so he's going crazy (for lack of a better word)

Second verse: He's basically saying that all the people he watches walk around him all look the same to him, they're all so emotionless

Chorus: He just shows people what they would normally accept. He denies the fact that everything is wrong in the world and just smiles about it to make everything look ok to everyone, but in reality he doesn't care at all for what everyone has built around themselves, and yet they complain about problems anyways, so since he couldn't care less he'd sell his pity for just a dime.

Bridge: Simple words are to easy to get out of a situation, especially when everything going on makes him question his morals.

He also says he cares so little about how much people complain about such petty things that he'd let another man take his soul just so he could be free.

Just my interpretation....i feel this song much more in it's words and guitar work than a specific message, i just enjoy the melody a lot