Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #45
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think the issue most people have with the whole Creed songs on Stapp's tour thing is that Stapp is breaking a verbal agreement between Tremonti and him. Before Tremonti mentioned the agreement, I was one of those people who did not care either way. But now I am against the idea of Stapp performing Creed songs on his solo tour because it is breaking an agreement that he made with Mark. As a Creed fan, that hurts me. I don't care if Stapp is doing it just to be a jerk or a smart alec. The bottom line is that if there was an agreement, what Stapp is about to do is just plain wrong. I do agree, however, that Stapp's solo CD will probably sell more copies than ODR did. I think that simply because Stapp will probably do a more radio friendly sound, whereas AB can really only be played on Rock radio. Stapp's music will probably be suitable for Rock and Pop radio alike, perhaps even Alternative as well. Because it is friendly, he'll probably have a great deal of success on radio and that'll add up to very good record sales. I honestly expect the solo CD to sell over 150,000 copies in the first week and I think it'll eventually move 800,000-1,000,000. I think enough people still remember Stapp and still remember Creed and those that were a fan of either(or both) will want this album.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!