Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Which is what I said. You can like one more than the other, but you can't say Stapp is a beter singer than Myles. He isn't.

As for the "smoother" thing... What happened to rock n' roll? When did it die? Where are the days of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and offensively loud instruments playing great original riffs? Why do things now have to be "smooth", and "easy"? When did the Musical I.Q. of the people lower to retardedness? (by the way Titan, I am not accusing YOU of this, I am jsut saying, in general).

This is the third time I've tried to post a reponse to this post, lol. First time, my account logged out before I could post(and I had a nice little response written up) and the second time I got halfway done with my response and had to go. Annoying to say the least. Let's try this again.

I personally love offensively loud instruments and great riffs. I'm a huge fan of solos(one of the many reasons why I decided to take up guitar; I wanted to solo like Slash or Tremonti). I also appreciate guys who can hit pretty high notes. But, I'm the kind of guy who would get bored if all the vocalists I listened to sounded like Myles. Hence why I also enjoy listening to Stapp, Paul McCoy(12 Stones), Jon Micah Sumrall(Kutless), Donald Carpenter(Submersed) and a slew of others. I'm glad that not every Rock singer is like Myles because if they were, Myles wouldn't be as unique as he is. Just because those other guys I mentioned don't have Myles range, it doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer. Just because they all have pretty smooth vocals(smoother than Myles because Myles has a different style of singing), that doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer and that doesn't mean that those who enjoy those types of singers(lower pitched, smoother vocals) have a retarded musical IQ. It just means that they like a different type of Rock than some do.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!