Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #35
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Creed is not even real Rock n' Roll. It's alternative, and many would say it is very poppy. It did not bring back rock from the dead, you are clearly nuts. If anything, it killed it. Now we have nothing but a bunch of bands tryign to capitalize on $$$ by doing exactly what Creed did. Funny thing is, Creed was not even the FIRST of their kind. They did nothing original, nothing new, nothing unique, and nothing worthy of rememberance, except maybe the few concerts where Stapp was ROLLING ON THE FLOOR WASTED.

Liking Creed is not a problem, but you have them on a pedastal they don't deserve to be on. They are nothing special. Next I suppose you are going to tell me eminem is great and amazing, right? Because guess what, he sold 15 million albums on one record. Creed never did that.

Look were not going to go anywhere with this, you have your opinons I am entitled to mine, other than some of the pro Bridge fans in this Site their are a lot of people who may feel the opposite of you. What is real rock and roll,? some moron screaming at the top of his lungs? Or music that everyone appreciates from the headbanger to your more laid back person. Creed did do a lot more than you give them credit for when it comes to rock and roll. There have been so many good rock bands throughout the years who aren't all about being a Led Zeplin carbon copy, but about making really good music. Aerosmith has been around four forty years, and their still at the top. I hardly feel creed was a pop band, gimme a break.

In closing I like alter bridge, their not too bad...But I prefer creed and I just enjoy listening to their music more, they were entertaining as where bridge is all about mark and his guitar playing. They never will enjoy the success that creed had. Years from now regardless of what you think their music will still be played while alter bridge will remain a mediocre rock band with a second rate singer.. I actually think I might go turn on that movie rock star really quick, bcause it sure reminds me oof whats happened to creed..ughhh