Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #33
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: I like listening to a alterbridge song every once in a while, but creed rocks and there are alot of people who perfer that type of music to a guy trying to imitate robert plante or those type of long and gone 80's singers....Actually his voice isn't bad , but it can be darn near annoying some times.

Oh ..."his voice isnt bad"???!!! I think you are listening to the wrong guy.

Well, I know this is a reply to uncertain's post, but like a Stapp's fan i think i can give you my answer too -and maybe -- make you understand one point:

Myles is the best rock singer we have.This is a fact.

And before you stop to read that-- look:

I really like Stapp's voice but I have to admmit that Myles has an absolute technic to range high notes,what Stapp hasnt. Since the weathered's tour. Everyone knows that. Even Stapp admitted it.Everyone knows his voice was so deteriorated, that its easy to understand that it is not the same at the begginig like in the MOP days.

But of course, concerning to the passion--you can PREFER Stapp's voice, but try to get it considering to the technic-- you 'll see clearly that Myles is superior to Stapp.

Also, just to clarify--I love Stapp, but I dont think media is the one to blame in this case-- unhappily-he gave us tons of reasons to became an "egoistic-rock-star poser" like some people say...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-06-2005 at 12:18 PM.