View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #10
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) I don't define law, I ask whether you believe universal, abstract, invariant laws exist, prescriptive, or descriptive.
Well you should make that clearer because it comes across dishonest and like you are twisting the thoughts and meaning of your intened "victim" because you don't state weather prescriptive or descriptive

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) No twisting of words. Are the laws, material or abstract?
They are called laws but they are not absolute there are exceptions to the rules but they are commonly accepted so they are refered to as laws. so you are misunderstanding the use of the word law you are useing a christian world view to define you words so you are misrepresentign uninterntional or not

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) That's right, they are prescribed by God. Now, do you believe that they exist. If not, of course morality is arbitrary and NOTHING is absolutely wrong.

To say they are prescribed by god (anygod for that matter) means you actually have to prove or have proof of a god and you site doen't even come close so you go out on a limb with out the tree to support you. There is a naturalistic morality that has been covered in debate here before so morality both absolute and arbitrary at the same time based on your reference point what you see as a moral issure I wouldn't and vice versa (get it?)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) I'm sorry you feel that way, but am not surprised. Your presuppositions do not allow you to evaluate anything in a way that would support the existence of God. A person who wants to be their own God, will never admit that a real God exists.
this is why I said you presumme much about my life and where I have been when it comes to belief. I have been a Christian in my life I was one for some 18-20 years The house I grew up in was very christian my father (a calvinist) a Proffesor of theology and a minister, my mother a missionary kid. so I have seen the so called evidence and and proofs for god I am familiar with Christianity more so than your average christian. I ame to the conclusion that the idea of a deity is highly improbable more likely impossible. I am not my own god because there are no gods. am I open to true evidence for a god that you undenyably prove his existance once and for all sure but the stuff that every one offers as proof is anicdotal or deceptive or ignorant.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) Thanks for posting this link 'Chris', and thanks for visiting the site and offering your opinions Lunar.

No problem... my big thing is going about things honestly and using words as they were inteded to be rather than taking one definition and running with it and not knowing what it meant in its other uses.

Peace Be With You