View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 AM   #298
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) What is with all this theory and analytical bs?? Music shouldn't be that hard man. You shouldn't have to work at it like that to understand if it's a good song or not. It shouldn't need to be picked apart line by line, or chorus, or verse. Or delve deep into it's meaning to understand what it's trying to say.

Damn, can't you just listen to a song to know if you like it? I know I can.
It's not all theory... you haven't heard the leak yet. The more you hear it the more you notice the flaws...

Stapp sings off key and his voice cracks often... it's painful to the ears and it's painful to see that a man who used to be the best singer around in my opinion during the Human Clay days destroyed his voice. The leak isn't the final cut, it needs mixing and his voice needs editing to get fixed. You'll listen to the final mix and still think he's on top of his game, which he's not.

When I was younger and my voice was changing, I was praying I'd have a voice like his. I'm saying that for you to realize I'm don't have a negative bias towards him, I'm just pointing a fact: his voice isn't like it used to be anymore. And it's not better.

But if you dig hearing singers out of tune, you're entitled to it. I know I can hear it and not like it. Can't you?

PS: If you do and we catch you criticizing Ashlee Simpson, you realize you'll lost all of the respect you still have here, right? [ j/k ]