Thread: MLB Playoffs!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #30
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) fucking umps fucking suck... the 2 innings i watched while on my lunch @ work, marquis & supps weren't getting the calls that backe & lidge were. and my roommate said he was throwing stuff @ the tv b/c he was so pissed about stuff that happened later (in the 7th inning, perhaps). calling the bat going around when you're supposed to be watching the ball's location and then refusing to appeal to 3rd or 1st... calling a pitch up & in for a 3rd strike....... oohhhh motherfuckers... i really fucking hate houston now. looks like we're headed for a world series matchup between 2 teams that benefitted from some shoddy umpiring. i certainly won't watch it (as i'm sure most Americans won't: chicago's 2nd best team, and all the houston bandwagonners)

Hey... you want to talk about bandwagonners... most of the Cardinal fans I saw in San Diego in game 3 of the NLDS were hardcore bandwagon fans. lol, they were and all of the Padre fans gave them shit for it. I think the White Sox just beat the Angel plain and simple (despite the infamous ambiguous call at the plate). The Angels ended up looking tired after their first win. I do agree that the umpiring has been pretty unconsistent and shitty (to say the least). Every series has witnessed poor calls.