View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 11:34 PM   #56
Stappified
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Always a Creed/Scott Stapp fan

Not just cause I'm some chick obsessed with Scott's body, hair, eyes, whatever. (I am all that, I admit, but...) The main reason I'm an Creedfan is that they are a team & so passionate about doing what they love. I can't believe people who are saying they do it for the money & fame are even saying that. They are the LEAST "sold out" band I've ever seen.

They're all great at what they do & I love the band's music, their intensity, & their personalities. Their music/lyrics have affected me & so many millions in a positive way, saved lives in fact... & continue to do so. Their sound is their own, not someone else's as some seem to insist. If they continue to insist that, they need to listen to all of their music & not just the ones played on the air. Radio won't play most of the more intense songs cause they're not "commercially" profitable.

As for Stapp, he's the most passionate person I can ever imagine... & I don't mean in the way that most people take that. He puts his heart & soul into his music, his performances... & into his relationship with his fans. Why do you think he came back on tour so soon after his accident? Why do you think he over-did it coming back & trying to make up so many shows? Why do you think he is now taking meds to help him sing after larynx problems from over doing it?

As for his appearance, he's on steroids (probably prednisone or similar) & they quickly affect a person's weight, making especially their face "puffy" & swollen. Do you not think Scott hates that he looks "puffy"? He has kept himself in good shape all this time for his fans. Imagine having to put up with all the criticism Creed normally gets & then all this on top of that. Scott Stapp LIVES for Jagger & for his FANS.

I was at the 7-15 show in Charlotte NC right on the rail between Scott & Mark...& I can tell you they love what they do & they love their fans. Scott expressed his appreciation many times & seemed so happy to be there. It was probably the best night of my life. Because of what he (& the rest) put into it. I don't know what happened with Scott in Chicago, & it makes me really sad. But I'm not angry. And I wouldn't be if I had spent money on tickets either. I would still just be sad. That's just not like him to act that way & I hope everything will be okay.

Not that I'm condoning his actions, or trying to make excuses for him. I do think that even if he does not explain, he should at least apologize. Regardless, I am & will remain a Creed fan...& a Scott Stapp fan. Because I am a LOYAL fan. Not a fair weather fan. Believe me. I love football. I have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since I was 8 yrs old. And I'm 36 now. That's a long time. If you don't already know this, Dallas has had lots of ups and downs, but lately mostly downs. For about 10 yrs now. But yes, I'm still (& always will be) a Dallas fan too.

Had to get that off my chest. Rock on Scott! Rock on Creed fans.