Thread: Tour is over!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Tour is over!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yep, that's the way of the labels these days. If you don't go platinum, they pull the plug on the tour. Plus, I don't think ticket sales were all that great to begin with. No matter how big the band, going solo is tough.

It's really frustrating. I think with more touring, TGD could go platinum. Scott was just starting to get going with this and just starting to establish himself as a solo artist, and they pulled the plug after two short tours and one music video(and two official singles). I still believe a song like "Surround Me" can become a big hit, and if that were to happen, lots more people would show up to the concerts and lots more people would buy the album. I'm just really irritated with how WU has treated not only Scott, but also Alter Bridge. Here you have all the members of Creed, the band that put WU on the map, and they don't get nearly the promotion or attention they deserve. And I think it all points to one thing: WU is hoping that Creed will get back together if the individuals don't do good enough with their current ventures. But everyone(well, except WU) knows that Creed will never get back together, or at least not for a long time. WU should have just embraced the obvious(like the fans have) and put promotion into AB and Stapp. But instead they didn't and lost AB as a result of it. And they'll probably lose Stapp, too.

Then again, at least Stapp actually got a tour for his album. That's more than 12 Stones can say(they released Potter's Field in '04 and never got an official tour--just maybe 12 shows, tops). I hate WU.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!