View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #130
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by IsThisTheEnd66) but theres nothing wrong with GD..... it has a very good message, the beat it good and so are the lyrics.

well...EVERYTHING is wrong with GD...

Quote: You dislike the lyrics because you feel they are not of very good quality. I can understand that. I agree, they are nothing special. But, in most cases, lyrics that are blatantly Christian or blatantly religious are not that good. I listen to a ton of "Christian" artists/bands as well as a ton of secular stuff. In most cases, from a lyrical aspect, the secular artists are better. Of course, there are a few Christian artists/bands who also write excellent lyrics(imo) and can easily rank with some of the great lyrically secular artists.

I guess my whole point was, don't think that because you don't like this song, you won't like the CD. I think the rest of the CD will be much better lyrically.

Titan, you know Im (like you are) a fan of Stapp, so I was expecting something very good from this guy...after all delays and promises of a final date, I imagined his first song 'd be good, which means having quality, beautiful lyrics because I love Stapps lyrics on Creed. Even Creed lyrics that were spirituals (yeah, Marcos your right! ) with messages and full of biblical references...dont mind, cause they had quality.They were beautiful.
Great Divide is not.Its the opposite.

Also, my point is that lately Im listening to real VERY GOOD stuff from VERY GOOD bands(MF4, Audioslave,Foo Fighters etc...)...that's impossible to me to take something lyrically similar(= bad) to Relearn Love and like it.

But of course ... I HOPE the rest of Stapp's cd can be better...I hope!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-17-2005 at 10:17 AM.