Thread: Longevity
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 AM   #71
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) yeah i get that, but then again stapp could've written all the music if he wanted.
See, that's where you're wrong! Just read/watch/listen to Creed's early interviews or Behind The Music. Stapp didn't know anything about music or rock before he met Mark. The only thing he could do was to sing and write lyrics. Mark tried to teach him guitar, but he was pretty hopeless. He just didn't learn.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) stapp may have written most lyrics for creed but if you compare tgd's lyrics with mop, hc, or even weathered, in my opinon they do fall short. Stapp had the skills but it is hard to tell if he still has it when writting. Mark was the primary music guy of Creed and frankly ODR lyrics by mark are somewhat better than those found on the TGD, not saying that mark is the better lyrisist but he just did it better on this record and it should get better for the second record because this is going to a mark/myles combo (wishing that flip and brian as some input on the next record to) which might lead to a better longevity and career.
Yeah, that's true! And with both Mark and Myles writing all the lyrics, man... They have written some of the best lyrics I have read in my life! Imagine a whole record for of Mark and Myles-combo! Kick ass! (And yes, TGD lyrics are pretty poor...)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rawker) TGD has not sold asmay albums as ODR did in the same timestrech.
Now that's true! Real fact!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor