View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #35
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I guess I am the black sheep of the bunch. I personally could care less if he smokes or chews, that is his business. Of course it affects his voice, that is no mystery.
You are not the black sheep! I agree! I mean ... of course I'd prefer that he not smoke ... not only for the obvious health reasons but also because his voice is his career and to risk that is just silly. But the bottom line is ... he's a big boy! I'd be far more upset if he was shooting heroin or something! It's just a cigarette for God's sake! I am not a smoker and do think that it is a gross and dangerous habit ... but I don't think he's commited a crime or anything.
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I think that for him especially he is "scrutinized" to the extreme for whatever he does and it simply is not fair. I like him smoking or not, I myself am a non smoker but I just look a little deeper before I pass too much judgement. Who knows maybe it is his only coping mechanism?
I agree that it is ridiculous how much he is scrutinized! The poor guy can't make a move without people passing judgement on him. It's really no wonder he's having personal issues ... how could he not!?!?

I say we give the guy a break so maybe he could stop feeling like he wants to hide in a hole somewhere and get back to wanting to give us great music!