View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Haven't seen it yet... and I'm not sure I want to. I'm getting tired of Hollywood putting their liberal spin on movies. It's sad... movies like Brokeback Mountain will receive all sorts of critical praise and awards because it's about two homosexual cowboys... but when Mel Gibson creates an amazingly produced movie in The Passion of the Christ, Hollywood intentionally tries to discredit him and overlook the film. The academy even went as far to give Michael Moore an award... and not Mel Gibson. Moore makes a living off of lying, whereas Gibson went against the Hollywood norm. It's sad.

One or two 9/11 movies are ALREADY being filmed. One of them is being directed by Oliver Stone, a man who is looking for controversy in everything he does. Don't believe me? Go watch his horrible attempt at an epic, Alexander.

Im looking foward to see Munich...(I think it will be released next friday) after all its historyand I can see how Spielberg (a jewish) paints the terrorism, but Ive already hear that this film is more from entertainment than for taking a ' side'--which is understandable in Hollywood: you cant excpect a big public going to see documentaries ...

Well I disagree Chase-- I think that we that have history/political degrees --we certainly need to see the controversial movies - with a certain distance -of course: without too much passion involved.. . but for the clear purpose to maybe warn others people - 'hey it isnt the exactly way this movie is showing'-- Dont let that your political views supplants your scientific/historic interest.

And even though I didnt like Passion of the Christ too much and thought that Bowling for Columbine was very interesting i admit that Hollywood hardly chooses something real good -prefering gives a prize to. the blockbusters entertainement ones. because they are definitely commercial what means money, my dear.

And also about Oliver Stone I certainly believe in you-- I saw Alexander (bad movie), JFK(good) but his movie which I always remember is Platoon ( very good) ...hey i was forgetting a memorable film - Salvador (excellent) did u see it? Im assuming not...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-24-2006 at 08:09 PM.