Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #80
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
First off I have to say that I didn't read all the replies to this yet.

Abortion should not be illegal-period!

I don't think abortion is "right", but I do believe that in life we all have to make hard choices. No one having an abortion would consider that the easy way out, but I'd rather have a safe, healthy option available than people getting killed or maimed by hack back-alley surgeons. I personally could never do it, but what gives me the right to judge others.

A fetus is not a human being and not viable as a life on its own, therefore the issue should be about what is best for those already alive and having a life to live. No one should be forced into a situation they cannot deal with. How many abused children might not have had to live through that hell? What about health issues for the mother?

As for adoption, when there are so many children out there right now without homes or love because everyone wants a "baby" of the same race why should we add to this dilemna. What is truly cruel? What about babies born addicted to crack or heroin or alcohol? What about rape or incest? There are so many children born that really never a decent chance and are headed straight for jail or worse from the moment conceived.

Until you have walked a mile in their shoes-don't presume to tell others what is right and wrong.