View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #26
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) At what point do I think it is okay to judge someone? There is none. I don't think its ever right to judge someone based on appearance. The ski mask in an alley analogy isn't even in the same realm of what we're talking about so I'm not even acknowledging that comment.

It's obvious you don't care for the guy and we don't agree on this but as far as what I mean by too judgemental? Thinking it's okay to make comments on ones weight, appearance, the way he may have said something, a look he may have gave someone or any other numerous reasons just because he's in the public eye. I know I wouldn't want to be judged by my every move or what I wore or what I looked like.

My analogy about the ski mask in an alley is a bit out there but it was just to show that we make snap judgement about people and their intensions, motives, character, etc. everyday! It's human nature and our survival is dependent upon it.

I haven't personally said that I've made any judgements about his personality based on his appearance. And it's not "fair" for people to pick on someone for their weight, looks, etc.. but hey, life isn't fair. He is a famous rock star and there is a price to go along with that... Being judged about your weight, looks, clothes and everything else goes with the job. If Stapp wasn't strong enough to handle the superficial criticism, he would have folded long ago. And if Stapp can handle it, why does it bother you so much if someone says he's fat or his mom dresses him funny??? C'mon.