View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #24
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Well we're definitely agreed that it wasn't ALL Stapp's fault for the break-up.. although I probably think he had more to do with it than you. It does take two to tango and you're right that unless we were there we'll never know.

My point here is I don't think it's fair to say people are too quick to judge just because they think Scott came off as obnoxious on a show.. or because he looked fat at an awards show. or etc... Define "too judgemental"... and at what point to you think it's ok to judge someone? If I saw a person in a ski mask coming at me down a dark alley, would I be judging him too quickly thinking he was about to rob me?? Most would say natural instincts take over there.. and that's what happened to me when I saw Scott on Celeb Poker for example. To me, he acted consistently with someone who is an obnoxious jerk.. from all my past experiences with obnoxious jerks.. *go ahead and insert punch line here* LOL.

Look, I don't wanna go point by point on why I think he's a less than admorable person because it's just an impression that's formed from things I've seen and put together from my experiences. For example, If you've never known an alcoholic first hand.. you may not notice the signs in someone's actions who is. Not saying Stapp is an alcohol at all.. just using that as an example of how your own experiences effect how you judge people and what conclusions you come to.

Sorry for being long winding and dragging out a thread that most want to go away, but it's just too easy for some to state "People judge too quickly therefore this guy shouldn't be critisized so shut-up", blah, blah, blah..

*stepping off my soap box now*

At what point do I think it is okay to judge someone? There is none. I don't think its ever right to judge someone based on appearance. The ski mask in an alley analogy isn't even in the same realm of what we're talking about so I'm not even acknowledging that comment.

It's obvious you don't care for the guy and we don't agree on this but as far as what I mean by too judgemental? Thinking it's okay to make comments on ones weight, appearance, the way he may have said something, a look he may have gave someone or any other numerous reasons just because he's in the public eye. I know I wouldn't want to be judged by my every move or what I wore or what I looked like.