View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 02:41 AM   #74
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Yeah that's true, theres a sence of repetiton in most songs. You know the more I think about it, the more stranger it seems of me liking Nirvana, I mean I never thought that I could like such punk grungy music. Anyway, enough about that .. lol.

Oh dude I totally agree with you there, the Pearl Jam side anyway. PJ are my 2nd favourite band, obviously along with U2. Pearl Jam are just absolutley freakin amazing, I love them too. And, yes, I like Pearl Jam more than I like Nirvana. But even though they were in the same era, both bands have such a different sound, which makes it hard to compare the two. But Vedders song writing and Cobain's song writing takes on a whole new extreme when you put them both together they are just so different. They both rock but if I had to choose between Nirvana and Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam would win.

i have read that kurt was going to take nirvana into more r.e.m like territory but i just can't imagine him doing that. i just can't see him singing that style of music. its crazy that kurt at one stage was saying pearl jam were opportunistic (and i guess he didn't like stone temple pilots too much either) when pj and nirvana were so different.

pj with their muscianship were at a different level although they're sound has changed so much and its far from just eddie writing. stone gossard was the main songwriter along with ed in the beginning and nearly everyone including drummers has written songs along the way. i really love alice in chains and have being listening to them quite a bit recently. the harmonies between layne staley and jerry cantrall were just fantastic and layne had a very haunting voice and he would wail. i wonder what kurt would think about velvet revolver covering nirvana considering he hated axl rose.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie