View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 02:19 AM   #71
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Thank you, Colin you rock.

Oh yeah. I mean like I said before, I have only just started listening to Nirvana's music, and I really didn't think that I could love them as much as I do now, their music is unlike anything else that I listen to, but I just can't stop putting CD after CD after CD in my stereo. I think because of the whole Kurt Cobain death, all of the songs hold a story about his pain, and with that is something that captivates me. I love Nirvana.

Oh shit yeah I agree with you there. I mean some of their songs guitar-wise are shocking, no content to it at all, but again theres just something there that makes you forget that it's a shitty guitar riff. I mean obviously to play lead guitar and sing at the same time would be challenging, so that also points out that Kurt put more into his vocal than he did with his guitaring.

But still Nirvana rocks lol

its not that his riffs were bad far from it......it might be overplayed to the max but there is a reason smells like teen spirit is the stairway to heaven of this generation. nirvana were basically a punk act so one is not going to expect an opera trained vocalist or a guitarist who can outplay eddie van halen. kurt wrote punky pop songs and he did that well. however bands like alice in chains or soundgarden or pearl jam were far better IMHO.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie