View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Tool - Vicarious (Leaked)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Obviously, we see this from different perspectives. I understand everything you are saying. The problem goes far beyone people simply not paying for the single. The structure in place does not benefit the artist anyway. They get precious little from sales, and just because I happen to download does not mean I'm keeping them from making any money when I fully intend to buy the CD as I would have if I didn't hear the single. And I'm not naive enough to think the artist doesn't know it's out there. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist was behind the leak.

To be honest, if they'd put it out on iTunes, I'd pay the 99 cents to get it. And I will be paying for it when the record comes out. Look, the same thing happened on a much smaller scale years ago when friends and I would swap tapes. I'd tape an album to cassette for them and vice versa. I'm not saying it's right, but it's reality. If you choose not to download, that's fine, and I respect that. But I don't feel I'm actually stealing it when in the end, I will be paying for it as if I never heard it. To me, this is like hearing it on the radio only it's through the computer. It's just another source.

alright ...alright........i tried to convince you..............but since ur sure ull be buying the album any ways........prolly thats the reason ur not feeling bad for ur downloading and listenin to the songs...............but i am sure ull agree on pure grounds that piracy is infact piracy....ur intentions are honest but not of the one who actually ripped the songs and uploaded it....ur not the only one whos gonna downaload the songs from the above link and then listen em .............may be some 1000 peeps will download it and never buy the album...........hehehe...........and yeh......ur right about that copying songs to cassets and giving to freinds....no body actaully considers that as piracy too..............ive done that in the past too......even the books u buy....it says dont lent it to any one esle too............in strick sence...........u cant even lend the book to ur brother or room mate.........hehehe............i myself will perfer to fail the exam then to borrow and read.......for me its piracy too.............i am not blaming you....i. am blaming this whole system of piracy..............and thats the only reason i am not downloading.....................

peacE!

Last edited by bilal : 04-15-2006 at 09:00 PM.