View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Prophet Man
I think he should go back to the style he had for the MOP album, I mean come on... the last 2 albums, Creed's songs were all about life being like peaches and cream. The new songs should focus more on the world's dark reality.

I disagree with respect to Human Clay. With the exception of maybe WAWO (because even in this song there are references to his life not being so peachy when he says he hopes his child is not like him) and Never Die, I don' t think songs like Faceless Man, Wash Away Those Years, or What If depict life as peaches and cream. Those songs are all about struggle, internal and external, IMO.

I do agree that overall, Weathered has a lighter feel to it, lyrically and musically. The songs carry a more positive tone, especially Don't Stop Dancing, Hide, Lullaby and Who's Got My Back...That being said, I tend to favor the darker stuff, too, so I'm hoping for more of that on the next album. WGMB is a beautiful song, though...It sends chills down my spine.

Whatever he writes, I just hope it's honest. Honest music tends to be the most compelling, at least for me.