View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM   #98
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I love #1 Zero. Awesome song, definitely my favorite on the album.

I couldn't stand the first album. Just generic radio rock almost from beginning to end. OOE has some weird points but at least they were trying some new stuff. I love it.

I agree, I also did not care much for that first CD. But I really do love OOE, and I think my favorite track is "Doesn't Remind Me". I've heard varying opinions on which CD is better. I personally think the second one is better, but my bro owns both and doesn't like the second one all that much. OOE does have some weird points, but at least they are being creative.

Quote: (Originally Posted by in reality) I thought Stapp's age is 32, not 33. I really like Surround Me, great song by him. Didn't even hear the cd version of it yet.

You're correct about that. Stapp was born in '73, not '72, so he's 32, not 33.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ...what definitely makes me think IF Stapp was the real author of them...

I still believe he did the majority of the lyrics, but I do think Mark helped out more than we previously thought. The reason why I believe that Stapp did most of the lyrics is that Creed's lyrics, imo, seem to fit what Stapp was going through at that point in his life. Those lyrics, at least the way I interpret them, paint a picture of a struggling Christian, someone who is constantly questioning things.

I think the reason why Stapp's lyrics are so different from Creed's is that he is a changed man, as far as Religion is concerned. No longer does he question God like he did in the Creed lyrics; he embraces his relationship with God, his spirituality. Lyrics are so personal, and when you're a song writer, what you go through in your personal life typically greatly effects what you write about and how you do so. I'm a lyricist, and everything that I have gone through in the last year and a half(and it's a lot, as far as my spirituality is concerned) have greatly influenced what I write about in my lyrics. Stapp's very content with his current spiritual state, and I think that the lyrics reflect that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!