View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
here's my take on the issue: I have nothing against homosexuals as people. I happen to know and work with (or have known & worked with) more than just a few. In any matter, I agree with Metalanus on this: it's impossible to be a homosexual and Christian at the same time. Homosexuality is singled out as being one of the sins of which the people of Sodom and Gomorrha are guilty. It's mentioned other times in the Bible as being immoral and/or sinful as well. Now, because God views all sins alike (no sin is worse than any other: killing your father is just as bad as stealing a piece of candy from 7-11, in God's eyes anyway, because they both go against his will regardless of the "severity"), I do no claim to be better than any homosexual. I commit sins daily (lusting after the fairer sex, etc, etc, etc) of which I always need repent. God also says that, if we're truly repentant of our sins, then we must not commit those sins any longer. So, one of two things happens with Christian homosexuals: (1) they either make their homosexual sins known, and then subsequently abrogate the Lord's wishes by committing the same sins over, or (2) they are merely unrepentant and go on in their sinful ways free of any guilt (at least in their eyes). This would be akin to me killing my father or stealing a candy bar, then either asking God's forgiveness and subsequently killing my mother or stealing another candy bar, or merely not feeling guilty or a need to repent for killing my father or stealing a candy bar. Now, I admit that I have often repented of the aforementioned lust issue, and yet commit it again and again, but this is certainly something I've been working on much more as of late.

Now to the slightly more pertinent issue of gay marriage: I, naturally, do not accept homosexual marriages or unions as legitimate. The way a leader at my church back home put it, we could solve this issue by spreading God's love to everyone so that everyone might know God and return from their sins (including homosexuality, among a great many others), but since that isn't very likely to occur in a short period of time, the quickest way to curb America from going the way of Sodom & Gomorrha (perhaps I'm the only one that sees this, what with all our immorality) is to enact legislation that prohibits such immoral behavior.