View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #68
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Actually, I thought he sounded good(vocally) at the Nascar awards. The backing music, though, stunk. We'll see how his voice holds up once he starts touring again.

Getting back to the record sales, like I said, I'm making a bold prediction in saying that it'll sell 200,000-400,000 in the first week. My logic in this is that AB sold 100,000 in their first week, Creed's last CD sold 700,000 in its first week and hey, if Ashlee Simpson's CD can sell 400,000 in its first week, then why can't Stapp's CD? There are still diehard Stapp fans out there who might purchase more than one copy. There are still Creed fans out there who will buy this CD. There'll be new fans who will be like "I like his new single, so I think I'm gonna buy the new CD." I think WU is gonna promote the heck out of Stapp(they'd be stupid not to promote the heck out of a guy who was a member of the band that put this label on the map) and, as a result, he's gonna move more albums then people expect him to. I mean, look at Rob Thomas. I don't like the guy, but he's having a very successful solo career with good sales, and like Stapp, he was a member of a very popular band. I think if he can be a successful solo artist, so can Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Except that msot of the complaints to do with OYE was that he sounded like Stapp..

I never got that comparison. To me, even in that song, he sounded nothing like Stapp. It's the same thing with that Vedder/Stapp comparison. I think anyone with half a monkey's brain could tell the difference between those two. Even my 5 year old niece can.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!