View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #63
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
^Indeed. Everyone sounds good on recordings, but live you see what people REALLY sound like (i.e. Myles Kennedy on one end of the spectrum, and Ashlee Simpson on the other, lol)

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No, it's definitely not an innovative song. The critics will probably dislike it, but who cares what the critics think.

Well no one. But generally critics ARE good at getting through poppish crap...

Quote: As for sales, I honestly see this album selling 200,000-400,000 in its first week. A bold prediction, I know, but I think the radio is going to gobble it up. An even bolder prediction is that I think it'll go platinum within 9 months of its release. I just have a great feeling about the CD.

Well time will tell. I think people have started to get sick of Vedder/Stappish voices though... I really can't see it selling 400,000 in the first week.

Quote: The thing with OYE and AB-and it pains me to say this, being the Myles and AB fan that I am-is that Myles does not have a radio friendly voice.

Except that msot of the complaints to do with OYE was that he sounded like Stapp..

Quote: Like I've stressed, don't judge the CD based on one song.

I'm not. I'm judging the song based on the song.

Quote: I think he'll be much better lyrically on the rest of the CD.

One would definitely hope so.