View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #24
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: my top ten bands..

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Sorry, can't stand the AM. When I first heard When The Sun Goes Down on the radio I honestly thought it was a jingle to advertise a bank (lyrics - something, something...credit card...something, something)

I always thought America had a great understanding of good music but after Coldplay, now Arctic Monkeys and even....James F****** Blunt getting to Number One I have my doubts.

JAMES F****** BLUNT!!! (his voice/lyrics...shudder)

The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Last edited by Chase : 03-27-2006 at 08:21 PM.