View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott's Solo CD ~ More Information

Thanks to PBF for finding this article first.

I almost hesitated to start this thread. There has been so much negativity about Scott on this board over the past week. I really don't understand why. He has come out holding his head up high with a wonderful new song.

And FYI - Scott begins to shoot the video for Relearn Love on Tuesday.

Anyway---From Rollingstone.com

Creed Members Move On

Stapp, Tremonti begin next projects

Since Creed announced its split in June, members of the band are wasting little time launching new projects. Former frontman Scott Stapp is readying his solo venture while guitarist Mark Tremonti recruited bandmates Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall, along with Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy, to form the band Alter Bridge, whose debut album One Day Remains, will be released August 10th.

Songs appearing on the album include the first single, "Open Your Eyes," and "Down to My Last," featuring Tremonti's trademark guitar onslaught.

"It's half about thanking the fans -- and half about the critics," Tremonti says. "They actually helped our career, because they kept us hungry to prove them wrong."

Alter Bridge will embark on a U.S. fall tour in support of One Day Remains beginning September 23rd in Pontiac, Michigan.

Coincidentally, August 10th also marks the arrival of Stapp's solo debut with his single "Relearn Love," from the CD compilation to the film The Passion of the Christ, due August 31st. The song features the Canadian rock trio the Tea Party as his backing band, who met Stapp while co-headlining a tour with Creed in 1997.

"He's definitely a very intense soul," Tea Party lead singer Jeff Martin says of Stapp. "He's got a good heart, so I was curious when he gave us a call and said that we were always his favorite band and he wanted us to come down and try out a song with him."

The Tea Party will head to Miami in September to co-write Stapp's album, which is slated for an early 2005 release.

"Scott Stapp and the Tea Party is going to be all over MTV, all over rock radio," Martin says. "It's going to be a number one song for a gazillion weeks in a row."

KAREN BLISS and SHIRLEY HALPERIN
(Posted Aug 05, 2004)

Here's the link:Rollingstone.com