View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #69
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Come on Chase! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends becouse of alcoholism... BUT! The fact is that even Chapplin made fun of terrible things... Hitler? Hitler was a realy bad man whom I think you know alot about... I don't know that many american stand up comics since most of them are dull... But in sweden we have some comics who joke about beeing drugaddicts and having their own cooking show... Or about a guy who killed his ex whife and he says "No, killing people isn't something I'm going to contineu with... No, I've stopped that"... And when he says it it's hellarius. They joked about killing people... Can't we joke about being drunk, humor is a good thing and joking about stuff helps you in many ways to overcome the loss, take grim humor for exampels... That's fun, and good. (I've bacome Bilal with all of the full stops, man!)

Hej, ursäkta mig...

I have a sense of humor... but there is such thing as overdoing a joke. Yeah, maybe Stapp being drunk was funny like 2 months ago... but it sort of loses its appeal once you know more to the story. The guy was obviously suffering and there's nothing funny about losing control of your life like that. America is full of extremely funny comics that poke fun at misfortune and I'm a fan of many of them (Dane Cook is one of them... if you don't know who he is, I highly suggest that you check him out and download some of his material.). All in all, I just don't see how funny something is if you beat it to death... like Stapp being drunk on T.V.