View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #61
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) There is a difference in being against the death penalty and defending the acts of criminals/murderers/dictators, Chase, but it's a fine line and you've yet to show subtlety on these boards

You remind me a lot of the old style westerns, where the good guy wore the white hat and the bad guy wore the black, probably the same movies that inspired Dubya's notion of 'you're either for us or against us'. Well, let me tell you, the world isn't black and white, there's a whole lot of grey around.

Oh and about the money that it costs to keep murderer's in jail, it costs the taxpayers more money if someone is sentenced to death, than to keep him in jail for the rest of their life, but I do not think money is really the issue. Showing people that killing is wrong by killing people is really stupid.

The death sentence is a deterrent. If someone thinks they may lose their life if they take someone else’s life then maybe they will think twice about it. Also many things in this world are black and white. Guess what, Saddam killed 100's of thousands of his own people. That is a black and white issue. There are too many people like you who like to think that some issues are not black and white. Maybe some things in this world are grey but things such as this are black and white. There are evil people in this world and sometimes the only thing that scares them is losing their life. The death sentence is not a pretty thing but it has to exist to deter criminals. If it did not exist I believe there would be far worse crime in the world.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light