View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm really not sold on Wind Up just yet. They lucked out with Creed, but I think the schedule they put them on tour wise did not help Creed. It seems their big bands can't stay together. Three albums does not a career make. And what, Evanescence has one record and they're done already? They also effed up big-time with Dust For Life, another really good band that was on their way, and I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the Submursed album. 12 Stones should be bigger than they are. They are really good, too. They seem to not do much promotion-wise with their other bands.
Now I'm rambling, LOL.

I don't think Evanescence is necessicarily "done"...but I wonder how different the next album will sound...since I"m sure Ben Moody is really eager to having to write and be a part of it. Putting band members who don't get along together and saying "you have to write the next cd"...not gonna go over well and probably not sound all that great.

12Stones...I really hope they hit. I felt bad last year...I'd seen them 2 times in 2002 with Creed and loved them, and then I saw them in 2003 doing a bar show in a piss-hole venue in Chicago. Granted they still rocked...but I really feel THEY should have gotten the recognition that Evanescence got. I mean, 12Stones' biggest hit is Paul's vocals on Eva's "Bring me to life". I really hope they can make this cross-over it seems they're doing....cause I think Christian music needs a band with lyrics like 12Stones..

But I really want to see WU prove they can handle more than one successful band at a time. With 3 really good bands and efforts coming up this summer, I really hope they can handle it, and I guess I've got that fear that they can't.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.