Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #145
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Believe it or not, I do understand what you are saying. I can only offer my experience with a girlfriend, who I considered very close, that became addicted to crack cocaine. I took her every incoherrent phone call. I picked her up when she called me and couldn't drive. My husband, a police officer, had her deliberately pulled over and kept safe until he could arrive to take her home. But there came a time when her addiction began to infiltrate my home, my life, my happiness. I have three children and their protection and safety is my number one concern. Finally, one night, I had to lay it all out with her. I told her to never contact me again. If she got clean and sober my door would be open, but until then she was not permitted in my life.

Does that make me an asshole? I don't want to assume what Mark or Flip were thinking, or what point they were at, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had reached that same point with Stapp.

I will be thrilled for Stapp if he can make his life better; not only for himself but for his son, and his fiance.

I've heard about you, and what you have said in the past about Stapp. Sorry if I might take issue with the sincerity of your last statement...that's just my opinion and nobody has to agree with it...generally nobody does.

P.S. Though alot of you think it sucked....Weathered has sold six million copies....700,000 copies in its first week of release. And Bullets....I read somewhere.....only made it to number 22 on the singles chart, so it wasn't exactly a number one single.