View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #28
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed reunion opinion

This was the response I assumed this post would spawn. But I am going to humbly stick to my guns, I truly believe there will be a reunion. I have been blessed with being able to play music on the road for many years, and have even played under a label for a while (drummed for Terry Mike Jefferey for 2 years). I have seen and been a part of entertainment dynamics for many years, and I know how these things work. I have seen bands with MUCH bigger problems than Creed did, get back together after a decade or so and do reunion tours. Creed is nothing compared to some of the stuff that went on in bands like Motley Crue, G n R, and especially Fleetwood Mac. Band dynamics are very complex, and so is the entertainment industry. But here is the bottom line (unfortunately)... MONEY. After a band reaches Creed status, everyone involved is FILTHY rich... and I dont just mean millions. I mean hundred millions. Creed has sold over 20 million albums thus far if I remember correctly. So for the boys in the band, money is not going to be a problem for a LONG time. But it seems like almost every time, 'somehow' people run out of money and want to make a few more million. I am not saying that will happen, but it lends possibility.
Someone mentioned earlier that they felt like Creed had passed their peak after My Own Prison. Well, that is purely opinion, as is all of this that I am writing. My sister is not a big fan of MOP but LOVES Weathered. (Personally I cannot imagine someone listening to "stand here with me" and think they were past their peak). Anyhow, hopefully everyone will just have fun with the post and not start bickering with each other.. because lets face it.. NONE of us know squat about what really goes on behind the scenes. My opinion is only coming from the said "average".. in other words, what "usually" happens with bands like Creed. By the way, im not stuck on Creed.. I don't worship them or anything. I like the band, and mostly I think that it is amazing what they did in such short time. I do in fact like the music and hope they come back and write new stuff. Dogstar said it in another post.. "They caught lightning in a bottle". I hope they do it again!!
-Peace