View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #83
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Now I have a question for you. SecretWeapon had a good point about your post that you chose to ignore:

You have stated before that there is some “Natural Moral Law”. How can that be true and your quote above be true at the same time? Man cannot be inherently good and inherently evil at the same time. Which is it? Where does evil come from? Do you believe that it exists? What gives human life value if what you believe is true?

Also, about faith… Do you ever have faith in anything? If so, how can you? You have stated that you need proof. You use faith everyday but don’t even realize it. This is probably a point that you will call “illogical” in the most sophisticated sounding voice you can muster up.

The comment made to Secret Weapon was made to tear down his argument because his argument was cherry picking instances so I showed that it can be done any way you slice it.... it is called confirmation bias (a fallacy) doctoring the facts to fit your idea.

I made no assurtion that Man is iherently good nor did I state that man was iherently evil I said that there is an inherent morality weather people chose to live up to that morality is where free will comes in.

when it comes to faith.... if I say drive my car one day and it is in proper working order I guess that you could say that I have faith that it will be in working order the next day based on prior experiance. It is a logical place to operate from make a judgement based on prior individual experiance.