View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #6
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Heres the great divide review from billboard:It has arrived late in the year, but Scott Stapp's solo debut is the surprise of 2005. The title track set expectations that "The Great Divide" would be another Creed album, but guess again. Stapp sheds that template for a rawer sound featuring catchy, driving guitar licks (the fierce "Reach Out," "The Hard Way") and experiments like the Johnny Cash-inflected "Justify." "Sublime" and "Soar" have sweet sentiments but are also strong on inspiration. For all the rock blaze, the set is meant to uplift, focusing on survival, redemption, forgiveness and thankfulness. Stapp is so confident that it's easy to call his messages smug and preachy. But gospel rouser "Broken," a praise-and-worship tearjerker, proves otherwise. As he joyfully sings, "I'm broken," you know his gratitude is sincere and that the man has truly become whole. —Christa L. Titus
The Johnny Cash Inflected JUSTIFY I Liked That
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done